Frequently Asked Questions
Who can see my data?
On an Individual account, only you! On our WiseTime Team and Enterprise version, your administrator and any managers that have been given permission by the admin can only see your activity summaries after you have submitted it to them. All other activity that is not submitted to your admin/manager is not viewable by them, only you. You can also choose to delete time from your activity list at any time before submitting it to an admin as a precaution.
How Does the WiseTime software work with the WiseTime Console?
The WiseTime software works together with WiseTime Console after installation:
- WiseTime software captures time on users' computer, and uploads it to the WiseTime Console in the cloud.
- WiseTime Console will analyze the data.
- WiseTime Console will then display time logs and analytics to you. WiseTime Console is the central dashboard to view time, tag time and send time to admins & managers for their review on Team and Enterprise versions.
- Access both the software and Console using this ICON - located in your system tray.
I don't see any activity or time in WiseTime Console?
You will want to verify that you have:
- Installed the WiseTime software on your computer.
- Once installed, you will want to Run the software.
- Once Running you will see the WiseTime icon located in your system tray, which is located by your computer's clock.
- Click on the WiseTime icon and verify that the software is not 'paused'. If it is, select 'resume' and it will start tracking your activity & time.
- Last, click on the WiseTime icon and check when the last time the WiseTime App has synced with Console.
Does WiseTime need internet access to work?
You will need to connect to the internet in order to open your WiseTime Console to review your time, however, you do not need to be online if you are just running the WiseTime software on your computer. WiseTime will continue to collect data when running in the background, even when you are offline, and will upload that data the moment you are reconnected to the internet.
How does WiseTime know what to title activity summaries?
WiseTime takes the activity summary from the applications' windows title. The title is determined by the application's specifications but is usually a summary of the window's content. Some common ones are as follows:
- Microsoft Word uses the file name in the window's title
- Outlook uses the email subject line for the window's title
- Webpages use the title of their site, though this title might vary depending on which site page you are on. To check a window's title, add that page as a bookmark and see what the default title is. This will also be the title WiseTime uses for the activity summary.
Which devices are supported?
WiseTime supports Mac OS X 10.8+, Windows 7+ and Ubuntu 16.04+.
What are the system requirements to run the WiseTime software?
- For Windows OS, WiseTime software requires Windows 7+.
- For MacOS X, WiseTime software requires Mac OS X 10.8+.
- For Ubuntu OS, WiseTime software requires Ubuntu 16.04+
How do I install the WiseTime software on another computer?
If you would like to track your time & activity on more than one computer (i.e. computer & laptop) or you would like to install the WiseTime software on a new computer, simply login to the WiseTime Console and click on your Personal Settings found in the upper left. Once there reference 'Install' menu item. Other options are to reference the email "Welcome to WiseTime" for a link to download the software. You can also call us at 1-877-774-8005 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd be glad to help.
Can WiseTime be integrated with Active Directory for large-scale deployments?
Yes, deployment using the Single Sign-On (SSO) that Active Directory / Windows Authentication facilitates can be used to deploy WiseTime client without needing users to be prompted for a password.
In order to use SSO-based deployment, your environment needs to enable the Microsoft IIS server and use version 7 or later of IIS.
How are permissions managed for team deployments?
The architecture allows permissions to be set on a per user or per group basis. Users can belong to as many or as few groups.
How to fix WiseTime.exe-application error (error code 0xc000007b)?
Navigate to the Programs folder on your Windows PC. In WiseTime installation folder, you can see a file called vcredist_x64.exe, double click that file to correct the runtime environment. Then, try run WiseTime again.